Wednesday 20 August 2014

Essence Smoky Eyes Brush review






When I first started doing makeup I bought a brush set with a lot of brushes- but all of eyeshadows brushes were flat! But still with some help from fingers I managed to blend the shadows. But there came that mysterious day of "I neeeed aaa bleendiiing bruuuush". And so I did.

OK, now for the review:

The brush is made of synthetic hair. I recon it's dyed because the color fades away a little bit from the hair when you wash it, but it's not a problem because it is not affecting application (yup, your eyes are safe from purple eyes. Unless you do Frozen-Elsa-kind-of-look, but you need to use purple eyeshadow anyway :P ).
I washed it few times and haven't noticed any hair loss which is a BIG plus!

The hand of the brush is made of plastic and the hair are hold by metal (or a plastic quite close to metal, it's hard to tell)- because of that it's really light. If you like heavy brushed that you want to "feel" this one might not be for you.

As for product with synthetic hair it's quite soft, but- not softest of brushes. I bought it for something like 2£ / 3$ so for this cheap price I can forgive not being super-extra-HD-awesome soft. Howether it's easy to blend with this, it doesn't "eat" the product, but just make your makeup easy.




So, if you want to buy blending brush for low price- go for it! Especially if you are newbie in makeup- usually blending brush is all what you need for basic eyeshadow application!


Rating: 8+/10
Nice stuff: low price, good quality
Bad stuff: color from hair can fade away a bit, it is not super soft
Would I recommend buying: yes!


Please comment and let me know if you have any suggestions,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment