Thursday 16 October 2014

Chanel CHANEL N°5 new perfume ad film I #theonethatiwant | THOUGHTS


The iconic Chanel  N°5, model Gisele Bündchen, director of "The Great Gatsby" Baz Luhrmann and Michiel Huisman (a guy from Game of Thrones), water, surfing and kids? Sounds like a crazy mix, right? When I've seen new Chanel advertisement film I was feeling that it is just sooo much not-like Chanel no 5.
The surfing and water reminded me of fresh scents, children of floral notes... everything seemed to be so much not-on-place. I was trudly disappointed. You can see on my post about my favourite perfume ads that I love Chanel no 5 films, so I really had some high hopes for this one.

But you know what? I've changed my mind completely and now I think this ad is just perfect. First, watch it and then I'll explain why.


The thing is- Chanel no 5 is not anymore a perfume. It is a definition of a "modern" woman. And this woman is changing. 10 years later in ad with Nicole Kidman it was a different woman... now this woman is able to have a family, free time and job, but as it often happens nowaday- have a little trouble of finding balance between these things. The perfume is just a background, it doesn't show you it's fragnance by pictures (like it happens with other perfumes)- this one is completely different. And you must think different.

What is great that Chanel made 7 behind the scenes videos (which are actually greatly done too). These videos really changed my perspective of looking on that ad. I really recommend watching all seven- every single one shows the ad from different perspective (the cast, costume design, director, locations, fragrance song and just "introduction" to all: behind the scenes <the one below>).



It is so nice to see how passionate Buz Lurhmann is about the whole proces of filming (he appears on the advertisement too). Giselle does her job very well- her acting and showing emotions without words is suprisingly good. The song- well, I had no idea that I knew this song 'till I've watched the video about it. It is a cover of Grease song, but made witch so much class... (and a little update: I can't get enough of this song, it is sooo addictingly good!).
But what I find funny is that guy from Game of Thrones thing- it is a new trend that GoT actors take part in perfume advertising? When I've been on Sephora last time I saw a big advertisement of Jimmy Choo perfume and I was like "what is Jon Snow doing here, he knows nothing!"... well, maybe he knows something about perfumes? :)


Let me know what do you think about this advertisment and be sure to follow me on bloglovin!


xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment